The East Lake High School drama students attended their district competition this past weekend and returned with eight superior and four excellent ratings. Eight superiors is the best rating of superiors earned by our drama students in over a decade.
Receiving superiors were
- Erika Van Gorden & Julia Namm – Duet Musical
- Neil Brown & Shelby von Hofe – Duet Acting
- Bailey Monarch, Julia Namm, & Annastasia Mula – Ensemble Acting
- Neil Brown – Monologue- Hayden Lerner - Monologue
- Elizabeth Bliach – Dance
- Julia Namm – Solo Musical
Annastasia Mula – Publicity Direction
Neil Brown was also selected for Honorable Mention for Critic's Choice in Monologue, and Annastasia Mula was selected for Honorable Mention for Critic’s Choice in Publicity Direction
The one act play "Fifteen Minute Minimum" received an excellent, and Neil Brown was selected for the All Star District cast from the play. The rest of the cast and crew included Paul Gagliardotto, Neil Brown, Elizabeth Bliach, and Erica Huff
- Superintendent's Trophy for highest grade point average of all athletic teams and for overall sports program excellence.
- 2008-Girls Tennis Team won the District and Regional Championships
- 2006-Boys soccer team was in the top 8 in the State
- 2006-Ice hockey team won the State Championship.
- 2005-A Senior swimmer won the State Championship
- 2005-Cheerleaders won the American Regional Championships
- 2005-Boys and Girls Tennis Team won the District and Regional Championship
- 2004- ELHS won 1st for the County World Language Academic Bowl at the World Languages Field Day.
- Visions (yearbook), seven consecutive years 1st place and meritorious 1st place in design and content, American Scholastic Press Association
- Talon (newspaper), 1st place, American Scholastic Press Association.
- Eagle Eye News (television), 3rd place, Educational Media Award.
- 2006 - State EMA competition for News
- 2006 - Two First Place "Best News" Educational Media Awards (EMAs)
- 2006 - First place in News, The National Student Television Award for Excellence, from the Suncoast regional chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
- 2006-The Marching Band won State Champions
- 2003-04- State Champions, undefeated (156-0), BOA Regional Tropicana Field- 4th Place, Florida West Coast Invitational- Grand Champions.
- In 2004, The East Lake Choir performed with other choirs from across the country at the Libby Gardner Concert Hall in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- In 2004, a select number of students from the East Lake Chorus performed with The Master Chorale of Tampa Bay, one of the top 10 choirs in the nation.
- They are the only chorus to be accepted from a public school program.
- The East Lake Chorus performs in Disney's Candlelight Procession every year at Epcot; this year, (2004), will be director Robert Knabel's 21st year participating in this event.
- In 2002, the East Lake Chorus earned a "Silver" rating at the American Heritage Festival at Six Flags Over Georgia.
- In 2001, the ELHS Wind Ensemble, the top concert performance ensemble at the school, traveled to Greenville, S.C. to perform at the Bands of America Regional Concert Band Festival held at Furman University.
- The ensemble received high praise from James Keene, Director of Bands at the University of Illinois.
- Dr. Missal from Oklahoma State University, and Dr. Gary Hill from Arizona State University.
- The ELHS Wind Ensemble received STRAIGHT SUPERIOR ratings at the Florida Bandmasters Association District Concert Festival.
- In 2000, the Silver Sound Marching Ensemble traveled to the Bands of America Grand National Championships in Indianapolis, Ind. and placed 36th out of 99 competing units, receiving a Division I Rating, the highest rating that can be awarded a band at the event.
- The Silver Sound Marching Ensemble was Class Champion at the 2000 Seminole Sound Spectacular and the 2000 Tarpon Springs Outdoor Music Festival.
- In 2000, the ELHS Wind Ensemble received an overall SUPERIOR rating at the Florida Bandmasters Association District Concert Festival and an overall EXCELLENT rating at the Florida Bandmasters Association State Concert Festival.
- In 2000, the ELHS Jazz Ensemble received STRAIGHT SUPERIOR ratings at the Florida Bandmasters Association District Jazz Festival.
- In 2000, the ELHS Winterguard placed 4th at the Florida Federation of Colorguards Circuit Scholastic A Championships.
- In 1999, the ELHS Silver Sound Marching Ensemble was Class Champion at the Seminole Sound Spectacular and the Tarpon Springs Outdoor Music Festival.
- In 1999, the ELHS Silver Sound Marching Ensemble was finalist at the Bands of America Regional Championships in Orlando earning 7th place.
- In 1999, the ELHS Winterguard placed 5th at the Winterguard International Scholastic A World Championships.
- 1998 Bands of America Regional Championships, fourth place.
- The East Lake Chorus has been invited to perform on two seperate occasions at Carnegie Hall in New York city; once in 1997 and again in 2001.
- The East Lake Chorus was also invited by special invitation to perform at the Mormon Tabernacle on two seperate occasions in Salt Lake City, Utah. The first was in 1999 and the second in 2000.
Page 1 of 2